Consumer Direct Nevada
Building on the success and experience of the self-directed model in the states of Montana and Alaska, Consumer Direct established services in Nevada in 2003. The program is specifically intended to allow individuals with health care needs to remain in their homes and communities and to avoid placement in an institution.
This program is designed for individuals who are capable of directing their own personal care services or appointing a Personal Representative to act on their behalf.
Nevada program requirements include:
- Eligibility for Nevada Medicaid
- The need for assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- medication reminders
- bathing & hygiene
- dressing & grooming
- toileting, bowel & bladder care
- The need for assistance with instrumental activities of daily living such as:
- meal preparation
- light housekeeping
- necessity shopping
- medical escort
- Completion of an assessment for placement in the program
- There is no age requirement in the state of Nevada
For information about Consumer Direct Nevada, call toll free: 1 (877) 786-4999.